8100 Product Series
The 8100 product series are modular time reference systems supporting the Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS) GPS, Galileo, GLONASS, and BeiDou for precise and reliable time synchronization at highly competitive pricing which is especially well suited for critical infrastructure applications.
The 8100 product series time reference systems have been designed for synchrophasor and substation applications with high requirements in terms of flexibility, availability and the support of a wide variety of time synchronization standards.
The modular system design features easy spare part management and minimum mean time to repair (MTTR) with all parts / extension boards supporting hot-plug capability. The modularity of the system also ensures security of investment if the requirements for the system should change in the future.
The system supports both single and dual / redundant power supplies (PSU) to ensure higher availability. Power supplies are available for DC input voltages 24VDC (18 – 36VDC), 48VDC (36 – 76VDC), 110VDC (60 – 160VDC), 300VDC (200 – 400VDC) and wide range AC/DC input voltages 85 – 264VAC (50Hz / 60Hz) / 125 – 250VDC. The DC voltage power supplies feature redundant power inputs for connection of two power sources to a single power supply. In the version with redundant power supplies, the available power supplies can be combined as required.
Up to six extension slots are available for time domain controller (time signal input from time source), service consumer boards (time signal output / distribution to customer application), and system management boards.
A variety of service consumer boards is available for, among others:
- Network time synchronization using Network Time Protocol (NTP / SNTP), SIMATIC NET SINEC H1 Time Datagram or IEEE 1588™-2019 Precision Time Protocol (PTP) with support for IEC 61850-9-3:2016 profile for power utility automation and IEEE Std C37.238™-2017 power profile
- IRIG-B and DCF77 signal output (demodulated / modulated)
- Programmable cyclic pulse (PPS, PPM, PPH)
- Serial time datagram (e. g. hopf Standard, IEC-103, ABB Melody / Freelance, Trimble TSIP, SAT1703 / SICAM RTU)
- Signal distribution via electrical or fiber-optic signal output
The 8100 product series time domain controller features evaluation of time signals from multiple satellite systems freely configurable for GPS, Galileo, GLONASS and BeiDou. On receiver and firmware level the time domain controller implements consistency checks and statistical tests on features such as automatic gain control (AGC), clock error, signal quality, signal power, propagation delay and the angle of arrival in order to safeguard error-free and leap-free time signal evaluation. In case of signal loss due to antenna failure or identification of time signal mismatch due to jamming or spoofing attacks the time domain controller clock automatically switches to the integrated oscillator holdover ensuring the oscillator dependent freewheeling accuracy. For enhanced availability redundant time domain controller configurations are supported.
Time domain controller boards are equipped with an integrated management controller which allows easy configuration and monitoring using the hopf unified management application huma® web edition which features secure access to the system via an intuitive to use state-of-the-art web interface. All field replaceable units integrated into the enclosure can be centrally configured. System configurations may be saved for the whole enclosure or for each individual board separately.
The management controller continuously monitors the health status of all integrated boards and components. It collects diagnostic and statistical data for the integrated event log and for real time notification of critical events to external IT management systems using email messaging, SNMP traps or external SYSLOG server.
The current demand for the convergence of Information Technologies (IT) and Operational Technologies (OT) in critical infrastructure requires to ensure security and reliability in compliance with regulatory requirements. The modular system design of the 8100 product series allows complete separation of operational / productivity network (e.g. process bus for power utility applications) for enhanced security while allowing complete access to diagnostic data and critical events for the IT network management via the integrated management controller. Role based access control according to the most up-to-date standards safeguards secure access to the management controller by authorized staff. The built-in firewall feature adds even increased security against network-based intrusions by limiting access to the minimum necessary network connections and services. All configuration files and firmware update packages may be signed by certificates to ensure authenticity and eligibility for application.
- 1U fully modular subrack for 19-inch rack mounting
- LCD information display and LEDs for system status
- Redundant power supply option
- All components are hot-plug capable field-replaceable units (FRU)
- Extended temperature range for reliable operation between –40° and +70°C
- GPS, Galileo, GLONASS, and BeiDou time sources for reliable satellite synchronization
- Average accuracy of ±30 ns to UTC, peak accuracy of ±100 ns to UTC for demodulated IRIG-B and pulse outputs and ±1 μs for modulated IRIG-B output
- Synchronization of IEC 61850 compatible devices
- Typical NTP time stamp accuracy <30 μs
- Precision Time Protocol (PTP) option with peak time stamp accuracy ±100 ns, support for IEC 61850-9-3:2016 Power Utility Automation Profile, IEEE C37.238-2017 Power Profile
- IEC 62439-3:2016 Parallel Redundancy Protocol (PRP) and High-availability Seamless Redundancy (HSR) option, feature combinable with PTP