8100 Product Series - Fully Modular Time Reference Systems
The 8100 product series are fully modular time reference systems that support the Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS) GPS, Galileo, GLONASS and BeiDou, as well as NTP, PTP and various other time sources for precise and reliable time synchronization at extremely competitive prices and are particularly well suited for critical infrastructure applications.
The 8100 product series time reference systems have been designed for mission critical applications with high requirements in terms of flexibility, availability, security and the support of a wide variety of time synchronization standards commonly used in public infrastructure, railway technology, air traffic control, power utility, digital smart grid, industry automation and data center facilities.
The modular system design facilitates easy spare part management and minimum mean time to repair (MTTR) due to all components support hot-plug capability. The modularity of the system also ensures security of investment if the requirements for the system should increase or change in the future.
The system supports both single and dual / redundant power supplies (PSU) to ensure higher availability. Power supplies are available for DC input voltages 24VDC (18 – 36VDC), 48VDC (36 – 76VDC), 110VDC (60 – 160VDC), wide range DC input voltages 19 – 75VDC and wide range AC/DC input voltages 85 – 264VAC (50Hz / 60Hz) / 125 – 250VDC. The DC voltage power supplies feature redundant power inputs for connection of two power sources to a single power supply. In the version with redundant power supplies, the available power supplies can be combined as required.
Up to six extension slots are available for time domain controller boards (time signal input from time source), time service provider boards (time signal output / distribution to customer application), and system management boards.
A variety of time service provider boards is available for, among others:
- Network time synchronization using Network Time Protocol (NTP / SNTP), SIMATIC NET SINEC H1 Time Datagram or IEEE 1588™-2019 Precision Time Protocol (PTP) with support for IEC 61850-9-3:2016 profile for power utility automation and IEEE Std C37.238™-2017 power profile
- IRIG-B and DCF77 signal output (demodulated / modulated)
- Programmable cyclic pulse (PPS, PPM, PPH)
- Serial time datagram (e. g. hopf Standard, IEC-103, ABB Melody / Freelance, Trimble TSIP, SAT1703 / SICAM RTU)
- Signal distribution via electrical or fiber-optic signal output
The 8100 product series time domain controllers facilitate evaluation of time signals from multiple satellite systems freely configurable for GPS, Galileo, GLONASS and BeiDou. On receiver and firmware level the time domain controllers implement consistency checks and statistical tests on features such as automatic gain control (AGC), clock error, signal quality, signal power, propagation delay and the angle of arrival in order to safeguard error-free and leap-free time signal evaluation. In case of signal loss due to antenna failure or identification of time signal mismatch due to jamming or spoofing attacks the time domain controller clock automatically switches to the integrated oscillator circuit holdover ensuring the oscillator dependent freewheeling accuracy. For unprecedented availability redundant time domain and multiple redundant time source configurations with prioritizable fall back time sources are supported.
Time domain controller boards with integrated management controller as well as standalone independent management controller boards allow easy configuration and monitoring using the hopf unified management application huma® web edition which features secure access to the system via an intuitive to use state-of-the-art web interface. All field replaceable units integrated into the enclosure can be centrally configured. System configurations may be saved for the whole enclosure or for each individual board separately.
The management controller continuously monitors the health status of all integrated boards and components. It collects diagnostic and statistical data for the integrated event log and for real time notification of critical events to external IT management systems using email messaging, SNMP traps or external SYSLOG server.
The current demand for the convergence of Information Technologies (IT) and Operational Technologies (OT) in critical infrastructure requires to ensure security and reliability in compliance with regulatory requirements. The modular system design of the 8100 product series allows complete separation of operational / productivity network (e.g. process bus for power utility applications) for enhanced security while allowing complete access to diagnostic data and critical events for the IT network management via the integrated management controller. Role based access control according to the most up-to-date standards safeguards secure access to the management controller by authorized staff. The built-in firewall feature adds even increased security against network-based intrusions by limiting access to the minimum necessary network connections and services. All configuration files and firmware update packages may be signed by certificates to ensure authenticity and eligibility for application.
- 1U fully modular subrack for 19-inch rack mounting
- LCD information display and LEDs for system status
- Redundant power supply option with load-balancing for increased life time
- Redundant time domain support for system partitioning or high-availability time source configurations
- All components are hot-plug capable field-replaceable units (FRU)
- Extended temperature range for reliable operation between -40° and +70°C
- GPS, Galileo, GLONASS and BeiDou time sources for reliable satellite synchronization
- Average accuracy of ±30 ns to UTC, peak accuracy of ±100 ns to UTC for demodulated IRIG-B and pulse outputs and ±1 μs for modulated IRIG-B output
- Synchronization of IEC 61850 compatible devices
- Typical NTP time stamp accuracy <30 μs
- Precision Time Protocol (PTP) option with peak time stamp accuracy ±100 ns, support for IEC 61850-9-3:2016 Power Utility Automation Profile, IEEE C37.238-2017 Power Profile
- IEC 62439-3:2016 Parallel Redundancy Protocol (PRP) and High-availability Seamless Redundancy (HSR) option, feature combinable with PTP
- Product Sheet 8100 Product Series - Modular GNSS Time Reference Systems
- Technical Documentation - Modular GNSS Time Reference Systems
- Declaration of Conformity
- Technical Manual GPS Antenna Equipment
- hopf unified management application - CUSTOMER MANUAL
- FG8101G01 3D-Model v0100
- FG8702G01 3D-Model v0100
- FG8702G02 3D-Model v0100
- FG8702G03 3D-Model v0100
- FG8800M00 3D-Model v0100
- FG8801N02 3D-Model v0100
- FG8802S00 3D-Model v0100
- FG8802S01 3D-Model v0100
- FG8802S02 3D-Model v0100
- FG8802S20 3D-Model v0100
- FG8901P01 3D-Model v0100
- FG8901P02 3D-Model v0100
- FG8901P03 3D-Model v0100
- FG8901P04 3D-Model v0100
- FG8901P06 3D-Model v0100